- 1 loaf French bread, cubed (approximately 16 oz.)
- 1 pkg. (about 8 oz.) havarti cheese, thickly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 c. natural maple syrup
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 jar (12 oz.) blueberry preserves
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Arrange half of bread cubes in lightly buttered 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Top evenly with havarti cheese; cover with remaining bread cubes.
Whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, allspice, butter and natural maple syrup in large mixing bowl; pour over bread mixture, pressing bread cubes to absorb egg mixture. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon over the top. Cover baking pan with foil.
Bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 more minutes or until lightly browned and set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. To make sauce, stir together blueberries and blueberry preserves in a small saucepan over low heat until warm. Drizzle blueberry sauce over French toast.