- 3 large or 5 medium strawberries, washed and hulled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, plus extra for berry purée
- 1/3 c. fruit-flavored extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tbsp. sugar
- 5-6 oz baby bitter greens mixture (spinach, arugula, mache, watercress) or all spinach
- 1/3 c. remaining strawberries, sliced
- 4 ounces packaged oven-roasted almond slices
- Blue cheese, crumbled and added to taste
To make the dressing whirl the 3 to 5 strawberries in a blender with a dash of balsamic vinegar until puréed (or mash by hand). In a small bowl, whisk the 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, olive oil and sugar until well blended. Whisk in pureed berries.
Place greens in salad bowl. Add desired amount of dressing and toss. Add almond slices and blue cheese and lightly toss. Serve immediately.